Asian Grilled Chicken

Asian Grilled Chicken

Well now.
Don’t those just look delicious!
Ok….the skewers do seem to be a bit burnt.
Next time I will remember to soak the skewers in water
before I put the chicken on.
You remember too, then we will all be happy campers.
This recipe for Asian Grilled Chicken is going to perk your summer time grilling right up. Serve them with a batch of super easy
Sesame Noodles and you will be sitting pretty
But of course, you were already so very pretty to begin with.
Now, you’ll just be sitting prettier than you were before.
How does that sound?
Sounds prettier-good to me.

Asian Grilled Chicken

1 T sesame seeds
1/2 t ginger
pinch red pepper flakes
1 T peanut butter
1/3 C hot water

4 chicken breasts cut into long strips
12 shishkabob skewers (soak them in water before using)

1. Place the peanut butter and 1/3 C water in the microwave and heat for 1 minute. Stir it until it’s smooth and combined well.
2. Place all ingredients but the chicken and skewers into a 9×13 pan. Stir them around to incorporate.
3. Slide the chicken strips onto the skewers. Set them in the marinade, cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.

4. Grill the chicken skewers for about 7 minutes over medium heat. Turn and cook until chicken is cooked through. Serve with Sesame Noodles. Enjoy!

July 15, 2010 at 12:59 pm

definitely delicious, Jamie coz you used Hoisin sauce, that is one of my secret sauce for cooking :)

July 15, 2010 at 4:18 pm

Oh…those look great Jamie! Thanks for the recipe! :)

July 15, 2010 at 5:37 pm

I just bought chicken, hoisin sauce, and sesame seeds at the store (not knowing exactly what I was going to do with it). How perfect… now I have my recipe for dinner! Thanks.

Becca
    becca-homeiswheremystorybegins.blogspot.com

July 15, 2010 at 7:27 pm

Oh my, These are talking to me! My tummy agrees with a resounding rumble! I will be making these soon. Thank you for the luscious post.

July 15, 2010 at 8:13 pm

These look wonderful, could you pass me one please :) Just a suggestion to better looking skewers. Soak them in water for and hour or so before using. And then, if you are cooking something that takes longer than a few mins, wrap the tips in aluminum foil so they don't burn.

July 15, 2010 at 10:38 pm

Yummy!Yummy!Yummy!I just bought a new bag of chicken breasts. Looks like I'm going to be breaking some out this weekend to make this recipe!

July 16, 2010 at 3:00 am

With my 10 year old daughter just discovering that she loves anything Asian these will have to go in our “must try” file! Tonight was Asian Chicken with Watermelon Salsa (will blog that one tomorrow…) and she said “Mom.. can we make this every night?” I have a feeling your skewers would elicit the same response! Thanks so much.

July 17, 2010 at 7:40 pm

this looks great–but I am very lazy–do I have to skewer? :)

July 18, 2010 at 1:10 am

Melanie,
    I haven't tried this recipe with out skewering (is that a word?) I bet it would work fine, maybe just not quite as flavorful, but still good. Let me know if you try it and how it works out!

Amy
    July 19, 2010 at 12:25 am

We tried this today with the Sesame noodles…both a great success! I didn't have skewers, so I just grilled the chicken on my George Foreman-like grill and it was great. Even my picky eater liked both recipes. We are definitely making this again!!!

July 19, 2010 at 9:53 pm

Amy,
    So glad they turned out. Thanks for letting me know!

July 20, 2010 at 8:58 pm

Jamie, this was a hit in our house too! Thanks again for the post.

Patti
    April 1, 2014 at 7:32 pm

Well, I was a “late Charlie” on this fantastic recipe. To my defense, I just joined you six months ago. I also prepared tonight your Sesame Noodles. WOW! It’s just my hubby and me now (50 years), and I only used half a box of Angle Hair, and we ate every morsel!!! My picky eater husband had seconds of the chicken and noodles. A new fave for us!!!