Need I say more?
You know I will.
How about rich, chewy, moist brownies layered with cookie dough and a heavenly chocolate glaze.
That’s all I’ll say.
And put a smile on your face….
Life is pretty sweet, after all isn’t it?
Cookie Dough Brownies
Time: 20 min. hands on + 30 min. to bake and 1 hour to refrigerate
Yield: 1 9×13 pan, cut them as large or small as you like
Recipe from the lovely Heidi Sabey
2 C sugar
1 1/2 C flour
1/2 C cocoa
1/2 t salt
1 C canola oil
2 t vanilla
COOKIE DOUGH LAYER:
1/2 C butter, softened
1/2 C brown sugar
1/4 C sugar
2 T milk
1 t vanilla
1 C flour
2 C semi sweet chocolate chips
1 T shortening
1. Combine the sugar, flour, cocoa and salt in a large mixing bowl or in your stand mixer. Toss the ingredients together with a wire whisk.
2. Add your oil…
and vanilla. Mix on low for about 30 seconds. Scrape the bottom of your bowl with a rubber spatula. Beat on medium speed for at least 3 minutes or until the batter is smooth and glossy.
3. Pour the batter into a 9×13 pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
4. Smooth the batter out with a knife. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
COOKIE DOUGH LAYER
1. While your Brownie Layer is baking make the Cookie Dough Layer by placing your softened butter into a mixing bowl.
Add your sugar…
2. Beat the mixture for about 3 minutes, or until light and fluffy.
3. Add your flour, and beat for another 1 minute or until combined.
4. When your brownie layer has cooled, spread the cookie dough layer carefully over the top of it.
Don’t worry if it doesn’t look perfectly even and lovely. They will still lasted great!
CHOCOLATE GLAZE LAYER
1. Pour your chocolate chips into a medium sized bowl. Microwave them for 30 seconds at a time, stirring after each cooking interval. Add the shortening when the chips are almost melted.
2. Stir the chips until the shortening is incorporated and the chocolate will drizzle easily.
3. Pour the chocolate glaze over the top of the brownies. Spread it evenly with a knife. Cover the pan and refrigerate for 1 hour. Cut into bars and serve!