French Onion Burger Of Wonder

French Onion Burger Of Wonder

Over Labor Day weekend my sister in law Erin
made me one of the best burgers I’ve ever eating in my whole life.
Wasn’t that nice of her?
I couldn’t help but come home and make one just for you!
Ok…I know you can’t really reach into the screen and take a bite…
but I wish you could.
Then you and I could just sit for a while,
savoring each beefy bite of  this French Onion Burger of Wonder
and we could chat about life
and the blissful temperature of September
and how we never can seem to get our laundry done (dad-blast it!)
and how our kids just keep getting SO big (who could believe it!)
and how fall is the best season of the year (just nod your head, you know it’s true)
and how life can be scary…
who knows what natural disaster will come next!
(hide your kids, hide your wife, and hide your husbands too…..)
And then, we’d talk about how
wonderful
every
single
 bite
of
this
burger
is.
Yup. That’s how it would be if you and I were eating this burger together right this very second….

Unfortunately, the Internet doesn’t have any “BeamMeUpScottie” kind of feature that would allow you and I to magically appear together with this burger….
(dad-blast it again. I would really like to chat.)

I guess the best we can do is just make this burger together.
Are you up for it?

1 t Worcestershire sauce
2 eggs
salt and pepper
Toppings:
8 hamburger buns
dill pickles
8 slices cheese (Swiss or American work well)
potato chips (regular or ruffled work great)
Mayonnaise
Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce

1. Thinly slice your onions.
2. In a large saute pan melt your butter over medium high heat.
3. Add your onions to the pan and stir them around a bit so that the butter can be distributed throughout.
4. Cover the pan, with the lid placed at an angle so that some of the steam can escape. Stir the onions every few minutes while they continue to cook.You are looking for a nice golden color to appear. Plan on them cooking for about 15 minutes.
5. While your onions cook toss your ground beef into a large bowl. Pour both packages of Onion Soup Mix over the beef.
6. Shake a little Worcestershire sauce into the bowl.
7. Crack a couple of eggs into the beef and sprinkle in a bit of salt and pepper.
8. Stick your hands right into the meat and mix it up thoroughly. Form 8 beef patties, fire up your grill and cook them to your liking.
9. While your beef is grilling, mix the water and bullion together and pour it over your golden onions.

Turn up the heat to high and let the onions simmer in the liquid until most of it has been cooked out…remove the pan from the heat.
10. Stir in the sour cream. Mix until combined.
11. When your burgers are almost done grilling place the cheese on top to melt.
12. Build your burger! Bun, mayo, BBQ sauce, caramelized onions, pickle, chips (just do it, it makes all the difference….) and beef. Don’t forget the beef.

Enjoy!!!!

September 16, 2011 at 2:59 pm

From this looks of it, this has the perfect name–Burger of Wonder! Looks amazing. Those caramelized onions have to put it over the top. Yum!

September 16, 2011 at 6:07 pm

These look AMAZING! I'm going to make them tonight!

September 16, 2011 at 6:07 pm

These look AMAZING! I'm going to make them tonight!

September 16, 2011 at 6:07 pm

These look AMAZING! I'm going to make them tonight!

September 16, 2011 at 6:07 pm

These look AMAZING! I'm going to make them tonight!

September 16, 2011 at 6:07 pm

These look AMAZING! I'm going to make them tonight!

September 16, 2011 at 6:29 pm

Jamie – you crack me up. And how can I not make these burgers after reading through this wonderful post? Love the name of this recipe :)

September 16, 2011 at 6:32 pm

I never would have thought to add Lipton soup mix to the beef. Can't wait to try this. Looks delicious!

September 16, 2011 at 8:06 pm

My Mom always added Lipton Soup mix to our hamburgers!

This looks amazing. I am definetly keeping this recipe handy.

Thank you for sharing! :) Happy Weekend!

September 16, 2011 at 9:13 pm

Yum! This looks sooo good.

September 17, 2011 at 7:18 pm

got it on my shopping list so I can make this….I LOVE how you totally DETAIL everything. seriously…love it.
    sounds freaking delich

October 15, 2011 at 4:12 pm

I usually don't care for onions, but this makes my mouth water! Can't wait to try it!

October 27, 2011 at 9:48 am

What kind of buns did you use? They look good!

October 27, 2011 at 8:16 pm

Hi Cate,
    I made the buns from scratch using my Fabulous French Bread recipe.
    Good luck!

December 26, 2011 at 5:35 pm

Just made these tonight – Yum!!! It was the first “real” tasting burger I have enjoyed since moving to the middle east almost a year ago. Thank you for sharing!!

January 29, 2012 at 2:07 am

I love your buns ! Those are almost making the decision for me. I hope you check these 'all in one' sessions of recipes, cause I have a question. Question is, do you ever weigh out your dough? If not, how many buns do you get out of your recipe? The buns determine the size of the burger–in my opinion.

Please let me know….I love your blog and I am a faithful 'user' !
    Nisey
    denisecott@yahoo.com

March 7, 2012 at 4:20 pm

I live in Chicago and we FINALLY had a nice enough day to BBQ so this was on the top of my list to make and it was AMAZING! Such great flavors and textures. I was thinking about adding some mushrooms next time, but why fix something when it's not broken. Thanks for the great recipe, it will definitely be a summer fav in my house.

danval
    March 24, 2012 at 12:03 pm

Thanks for sharing! These burgers are great, and the recipe was very easy to follow (I love the way you show the recipes, step by step with pictures!) :)

danval
    April 2, 2012 at 7:08 pm

Can someone please tell me me how much (grams or ounces) is a package of Lipton onion soup? We don't have that brand here. Thanks!

Cortney
    May 18, 2012 at 5:28 pm

Oh my goodness, this looks FANTASTIC! I just came across this recipe on pinterest and almost wish I hadn't because my pregnancy cravings are taking over and I must have this… like now. I want to make it my desktop wallpaper! I love your fun post about it as well, I wish there was a beam me up feature then you could make it for me while I rest my swollen footsies ;) Thanks for sharing, I will certainly add this recipe to my summer menu!

Sarah
    December 10, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Hey! I was just searching around online for a french onion burger recipe to make for my family because i get Mon. night for dinner. These looked so amazing that I had to try them buy I also improvised a bit. I put a can of mushrooms in the burger and i didn’t have crisps so i used french fries and used lettuce for the crunch that it needed. It was excellent!

Carrie
    January 31, 2013 at 1:44 pm

This burger was so good! The sauteed onions are what made it spectacular! I want to eat those everyday for the rest of my life. :) Thanks for sharing.

Debra
    April 2, 2013 at 11:15 am

I added mushrooms to the onions. They were absolutely wonderful had the twice since finding your recipe on Pinterest. Will be using this recipe all summer long. THANKS

Ang
    November 23, 2013 at 10:56 am

Trying your recipe today. I added some Panko bread crumbs because the meat with just the egg Lipton onion mix was just to slimy and not easy to form a patty

February 7, 2014 at 11:22 pm

This tupe of coat tends to thicken with tempeerature changes, or
    reghlar clipping, and it will also sbed out minimally, but regularly, as well.
    There iss a depargment on Frree and Low cost Help which can’t allow specific referrals, but which pointts you inn the right direction.
    Territorial aggression is common in canines.

Rose
    February 22, 2014 at 9:20 pm

I don’t normally comment – but these were the best! My family thanks you.

Belinda
    August 9, 2014 at 5:49 pm

These burgers were INCREDIBLE! My kids loved them and ask for them frequently. My oldest said they were the best burgers he’s ever had and I agree! They were a little time consuming but SO worth it!

October 29, 2014 at 9:20 pm

My partner and I absolutely love your blog and find a lot of
    your post’s to be precisely what I’m looking for.
    can you offer guest writers to write content for you? I wouldn’t mind writing a post or elaborating on most of the subjects you write related to here.
    Again, awesome blog!