Costco Turkey Provolone Pesto Sandwich Melt
Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 5 sandwiches
Recipe idea from Costco
PRINT RECIPE WITH PICTURE
***NOTE: I purchased the rolls, pesto and turkey at Costco.***
5 square sandwich rolls (Torta or Cabaccia rolls)
1/2 C pesto
1/3 C mayonnaise (I used Best Foods Light)
1 pound sliced turkey breast
1 large tomato
1/2 red onion
5 slices provolone cheese
1. Find yourself some nice Torta or Cabbacia rolls. Slice each roll in half and lay them out on a large cookie sheet you have lined with tin foil.
2. In a small bowl combine 1/2 cup pesto and 1/3 cup mayonnaise.
3. Spread the pesto/mayo mixture over both sides of each roll.
4. Thinly slice 1 tomato and about half of a red onion.
6. Cover the tomatoes and onions with a nice big slice of provolone cheese.
7. Bake these beauties in the oven at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Turn the oven to broil, and let the cheese get nice and golden brown. Be careful here, you don’t want to scorch the heck out of them, which can happen quickly, so keep a close eye, won’t you?
8. Put each of the sandwich halves together…
Please note, this sandwich goes well with a salad made of mixed greens, strawberries, blueberries, red onion, feta cheese, cinnamon pecans and Raspberry Poppy Seed Vinaigrette.
PS….Can you believe how WONDERFUL blueberries have been this year.
PPS…I can’t help but put them in everything.
PPPS…they don’t really work that well if you pop them into stir fry or meat loaf. Just FYI.