Costco Turkey Provolone Pesto Sandwich Melt

Costco Turkey Provolone Pesto Sandwich Melt

Hello there, dear reader.

I hope that you had a wonderful 4th of July, that you are safe and filled from head to toe with patriotism for this wonderful country.

I have a simple, yet FABULOUSLY delicious recipe for you today. I know many of you shop at Costco, and may have noticed that they have a new sandwich as part of their food court menu.

It’s divine.

And warm and cheesy and pesto-ee and did I mention…

divine.

I wanted to try my hand at making this delightful sandwich at home and I had a little hunch you might like to know how to make one as well.

The result was, divine. Right at my own kitchen table.

Trust a gal when she throws the word DIVINE around three times before she even writes the recipe out, won’t you?

Costco Turkey Provolone Pesto Sandwich Melt
Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 5 sandwiches
Recipe idea from Costco
PRINT RECIPE WITH PICTURE

***NOTE: I purchased the rolls, pesto and turkey at Costco.***

5 square sandwich rolls (Torta or Cabaccia rolls)
1/2 C pesto
1/3 C mayonnaise (I used Best Foods Light)
1 pound sliced turkey breast
1 large tomato
1/2 red onion
5 slices provolone cheese

1. Find yourself some nice Torta or Cabbacia rolls. Slice each roll in half and lay them out on a large cookie sheet you have lined with tin foil.

2. In a small bowl combine 1/2 cup pesto and 1/3 cup mayonnaise.

3. Spread the pesto/mayo mixture over both sides of each roll.

4. Thinly slice 1 tomato and about half of a red onion.

5. Layer the tomato and red onion over half of the rolls. Lay the turkey out over the other half of the rolls.

6. Cover the tomatoes and onions with a nice big slice of provolone cheese.

7. Bake these beauties in the oven at 400 degrees for about 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Turn the oven to broil, and let the cheese get nice and golden brown. Be careful here, you don’t want to scorch the heck out of them, which can happen quickly, so keep a close eye, won’t you?
8. Put each of the sandwich halves together…

and enjoy!

Please note, this sandwich goes well with a salad made of mixed greens, strawberries, blueberries, red onion, feta cheese, cinnamon pecans and Raspberry Poppy Seed Vinaigrette

PS….Can you believe how WONDERFUL blueberries have been this year.

PPS…I can’t help but put them in everything.

PPPS…they don’t really work that well if you pop them into stir fry or meat loaf. Just FYI.

estela
    September 7, 2012 at 12:39 pm

wow!!! you made my mouth water. I just ate one for lunch and was wondering how I could make my own sandwich. I will defiantly try it this weekend! thank you for this ad.

September 8, 2012 at 10:19 pm

How long does that pesto last in your fridge?

This looks amazing! I can’t wait to try it; I love that sandwich at Costco.

September 10, 2012 at 7:23 am

Hi Lindsey,
      There should be a date on you bottle, but they usually last for about a month. I generally can’t go through it that fast, so I freeze some of it in quart sized ziploc bags to use later. Good luck!

September 17, 2012 at 3:30 pm

Ok, my BFF loves your blog and now she has me hooked! I can’t wait to try ALL of your recipes! Loving it! ;)

susan
    October 20, 2012 at 12:48 am

This is funny. My husband and I made a trip to Costco today and decided to grab a turkey provelone sandwich(to share). Tonight we were chatting over a glass of wine and my husband commented on the ham that was in the sandwich we shared at costco. I said it was just turkey, but he insisted it was turkey and ham…needless to say, you settled the fun argument that there was no ham on the sandwich…lol
    Now I can make us one at home, sans ham..
    Thankyou,
    Susan

Alexa
    November 15, 2012 at 9:08 pm

I work at Costco and I have to say I’m impressed! You nailed this recipe! I haven’t tried making them at home yet but I definitely will now!

Katie Stewart
    March 4, 2013 at 3:57 am

I think you mean “Ciabatta” rolls :-)

I love those sammies at Costco as well… especially the price! We also buy the torta rolls because they stay soft for so long and also freeze really well! (Incidentally, they make great cubans!!)

Summer
    April 19, 2013 at 2:06 pm

I think you missed olive oil- I definitely noticed my roll was drenched in olive oil. Might have been pan-toasted in it first? The bread was kind of crunchy… Thanks for the recipe!!

April 21, 2013 at 5:27 pm

Love this sandwich! Thanks for recreating it so we can enjoy it at home!!

August 24, 2013 at 7:49 am

a quite knowledgeable information posted, thanks.

Quan
    September 1, 2013 at 5:09 pm

OMG!! this recipe is divine. You really nailed it. Our family (loved it) thank you for sharing this recipe.

Now I’m looking for Costco Presto Butter Salmon.

Kah
    March 16, 2014 at 12:25 am

Picked up the tray of assorted sandwichs from Costco and it came with the mustard and pesto sauce . Can you tell me if this pesto sauce was made in the deli or can I purchase it at Costco ? If it was made in deli can you share the Receipe ??

March 17, 2014 at 11:00 am

Kah,
      The pesto I use for this recipe is made by and sold at Costco in their refrigerated section. It’s about $7 a jar.
      Good luck!

Jade
    April 26, 2014 at 11:29 pm

I was just at Costco and got that on the sign it said it was basil with garlic and mayo

CJP
    July 20, 2014 at 10:55 am

Thanks for sharing great menu ideas and recipes..Love the Costco Turkey Provolone sandwich..delicious!