Cinnamon Pull-A-Part Bread

Cinnamon Pull-A-Part Bread

Hey there ladies and gentlemen! Halloween is upon us, just two days to go now. If you are looking for something yummy to serve to your crew on Halloween night, click here to see Fridays post which was all about hearty, filling food for your trick or treaters.  If you are in the mood to make something festive for the holiday (ie…Pudding Cup Graveyards or Spooktacular Halloween Cupcakes) click here to access a complete list of my Halloween Recipes.

Today, for those of you who have an hour to kill and have been dreaming about homemade bread, layered with buttery cinnamon sugar filling and glazed with a sugary drizzle…well then. This recipe is for you. It is finger licking good, my friends. My kids scarfed it up in a hurry. If you love Cinnamon Rolls, this tastes very similar. Hope you enjoy it!

CINNAMON PULL-A-PART BREAD
PRINT RECIPE WITH PICTURE

Time: 60 minutes
Yield: 2 loaves
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!

DOUGH:
1 C hot milk
3/4 C hot water
1 T yeast (I use active dry)
1 1/2 t salt
1/2 C sugar
4 T butter
2 eggs
5-6 C flour

FILLING:
1/2 C butter, softened
1 1/2 t cinnamon
1 C brown sugar

GLAZE:
2 C powdered sugar
3 T milk
4 T butter, melted
1 t vanilla

1. Preheat your oven to 170 degrees. Heat the 1 cup of milk in the microwave for 1 minute. Carefully place the 4 tablespoons of butter into the hot milk. Let it sit for a minute or two, or until the butter starts to melt.
2. Into your stand mixer place 2 C flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, 1/2 cup sugar and 2 eggs. Let it mix for just a few seconds. Just long enough for the egg to get a bit covered up. Pour in 3/4 cup hot water.
3. Add the milk/butter mixture. Mix for 30 seconds.
4. Add the 1 tablespoon yeast and mix until combined.
5. With the mixer on low, begin to add the rest of your flour. Add the flour until the dough pulls away from the side of the bowl. Once you have the right amount of flour, mix on medium speed for 5 minutes.

6. Cut the dough into two equal parts. Shape each half into a round ball and let it rest for about 5 minutes. Letting the dough rest will make it much, much easier to roll it out.

7. Roll each ball of dough out into a large rectangle. Spread 4 tablespoons softened butter over the top of each rectangle.  Sprinkle 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/2 cup brown sugar over the butter. Using your loaf pan for a guide, cut the rectangle into three long strips the width of your pan.

Cut each strip into 6 or 7 pieces.

Stack the pieces on top of each other

and carefully set them into the loaf pans. Place them into a 170 degree oven

for about 15-20 minutes, or until the dough has risen up and over the top of the pans (about 1-2 inches). Turn your oven temperature to 350 degrees, leaving the pans in the oven to rise a bit more as the temperature increases. Once the oven reaches 350 degrees bake the loaves for 15-20 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the loaves are cooked through.

8. While your loaves are baking make the glaze. Into a small mixing bowl place 2 cups powdered sugar, 3 tablespoons milk, 4 tablespoons melted butter and 1 teaspoon vanilla.  Whisk it all together with a fork until it’s nice and smooth.

9. When the loaves are done baking take them out of the oven and let them rest for about 10 minutes. Then remove the bread from the pans to a serving plate and drizzle the glaze over the tops and between a few of the layers while the loaves are still warm.

Enjoy!

October 29, 2012 at 10:53 am

Jamie: Are you using rapid rise yeast or just active yeast? You are buying it in a large jar–is a package 1 T or does it take 2 packages to make 1 T? (or I can empty it out and measure) : )

Thank you for your help! LOVE your website and blog!

October 30, 2012 at 4:12 pm

Susan,
      I use active dry yeast. The little packets are 2 1/4 teaspoons. So you will need just a bit more than a package to equal 1 tablespoon. Good luck!

October 29, 2012 at 12:15 pm

Jamie! This looks delicious! I can’t wait to try it out :) Thank you for the recipe!

–jen

Karen
    October 29, 2012 at 1:15 pm

This looks so easy and so good! Real comfort food. I’ll be making this soon, probably within hours. Thanks Jamie!

jeanne
    October 29, 2012 at 3:58 pm

Jamie,
    What size loaf pans do you use? I made these in 2 regular loaf pans and I didn’t have enough slices to fill it up. They are in the oven now and there is no way they will rise up over the top??

Tammy
    October 29, 2012 at 6:15 pm

I just recently found your blog in my effort to cook more often, actually buy food I’m going to use and try new recipes- and ultimately (HOPEFULLY) spend less money by staying out of the store. Anyway, I’m really enjoying your blog and recipes.
    While i totally cheated you did inspire me! I pulled out a loaf of frozen bread dough and “made” this. I’m sure it is not anywhere near as good as yours but it was fun and yummy. Maybe some day I will get up the nerve to work with yeast.

Oh I also had about a tablespoon or two of chopped walnuts left in my pantry that I threw in. We loved it.

Michelle
    October 29, 2012 at 6:45 pm

Looks great! King Arthur blog has an herb version that my family loves. Will definately be trying this sweet one! Thanks

Jan Carroll
    October 30, 2012 at 11:42 am

Thanks for the great website. I liked you on Facebook but have heard of you before so look forward to many more great recipes. Jan

Erin R.
    October 31, 2012 at 4:40 pm

So beautiful and rich-looking. My favorite photo, the one I lingered over the longest, is the risen loaves in the oven. What a sight! Bread is my very favorite baking thing and I’ll surely give this one a try. Thanks!

Stephanie Landin
    November 2, 2012 at 9:29 am

HELLO MY LOVE!!!! This recipe are officially wed. It has made me feel like a baking goddess today! Thanks, Jamie!!!

One question though- your glaze is so beautifully white in the pic – did you leave out the butter and vanilla???? Mine’s delicious, but not quite as lovely as yours!!!

Stacy
    November 2, 2012 at 9:36 pm

My bread was still doughy on the inside pieces but outside was done…how do I get a more even cooking?
    It was a hit even though it was a bit doughy.

November 4, 2012 at 7:36 am

This is amazing!
    I featured it in my blog as well:

Thank you!

Beth Ann
    March 1, 2013 at 10:56 am

This is delicious, but, I had trouble with the sugar and cinnamon falling off while stacking so I added the brown sugar and cinnamon to the melted butter and just spread it all on. Tastes just as good and less messy.

Bakingnoob
    April 1, 2013 at 12:17 am

I made these today and I had some pieces get squished out of the pan and fall out X____X However, this was delicious!!! The bread on in the inside of the pan was still doughy and not quite edible, so I’m going to try to bake it a bit more to see if it’ll help. the golden brown tops were to die for though! I think I’ll try your cinnamon roll recipe after this, as I think I’ll have less of the doughy problem.

Barb
    May 11, 2013 at 8:38 am

Can you make dough ahead of time for baking the next morning? If so store in fridge ?

May 13, 2013 at 6:56 am

Barb,
      I haven’t ever tried storing this dough in the fridge. Not sure if it would rise too quickly or not. Sorry to not be more help. Good luck! Let me know if you try it and how it goes.

Cai
    June 8, 2013 at 11:22 am

I’ve got this in the oven right now but I really messed it up at some point! It’s been in the oven for about an hour now and it’s rising sooo slowly. I’ve got the temp at 250 even and it’s still taking its sweet time. I’m hoping that I can still get it to turn out. Otherwise I’m going to be super disappointed!

Caitlyn
    August 15, 2013 at 8:24 pm

Followed your directions and they came out perfectly. 2 loaves gone in under 24 hours. :) Will definitely be making this again. I did not make the glaze and it was sweet enough for me and the fam. It received Dad’s stamp of approval (hard to achieve with sweets)!

August 15, 2013 at 10:09 pm

Caitlyn,
      So glad it turned out well for you! Way to go. :)

August 17, 2013 at 7:36 am

Can’t wait to try this out! Might even feature it on my blog bakingeatingblogging.blogspot.­ie if thats ok! Looks yum!

Sarah
    August 19, 2013 at 9:51 pm

It is in the oven now and is smelling delish! Can’t wait to eat it! Mine has taken longer than 20 min. After 20 min I checked it and it is still very doughy. Checking it every 5 min. Thanks for the recipe. Can’t wait to dig in!

stephanie
    November 13, 2013 at 11:25 am

Followed your recipe to a T and it won’t rise in the oven any ideas to what I might have done wrong? I’m so disappointed :(

November 14, 2013 at 7:15 am

Stephanie,
      Sometimes if your yeast is old, it ends up not working very well, or if you have the oven temperature up too high. So sorry it didn’t turn out well for you. Better luck next time. :)

LaVonneK
    November 30, 2013 at 4:19 pm

Try rising the yeast before you add it to the mix. Use the hot water add yeast and a little sugar, when it foams up double, add it to the mix and your dough should rise quite well then

Jeanna
    December 8, 2013 at 9:42 pm

If you add the yeast to hot water it’ll kill the yeast & it won’t proof (foam up). Instead use lukewarm water to proof the yeast (usually 1/2 cup of lukewarm water to proof 2 pkgs of yeast is the norm.)

Monica
    December 29, 2013 at 8:49 pm

Made this tonight and oh. wow! So delicious! We don’t have a traditional loaf pan so we made it in a silicon pan with 4 loaves that are each about 1/2 the size of a standard. Turned out perfectly! We needed to put a baking pan under the loaf pan to catch the drips of a little melted brown sugar, but that wasn’t a problem. We needed 6.5 cups of flour and they didn’t turn out dry at all. Definitely making again!

Carol
    February 4, 2014 at 11:48 am

This looks devine. I am on my way to the store to get yeast. Thanks so much, I know everyone including my 6 grandchildren will love this.

Anna
    March 29, 2014 at 12:38 pm

I just finished making this and it looks(and smells)delicious.

Kat
    April 1, 2014 at 3:35 pm

This is the best recipe, I will never use another….. Thanks so much for it, you rock!

Jennifer
    April 13, 2014 at 3:20 pm

Made it this morning & was surprised how nice it turned out & how much less effort it took. My son is always asking for monkey bread but I get tired of waiting for the dough to rise–or having to get up at 6am so they have it for breakfast. This was quick, easy & tasty good. Thanks!

Lenel
    April 19, 2014 at 1:09 am

Was just wondering if one can do this with store bought bread dough? Has anyone tried?