Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

To say that these Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are good, would be the understatement of the grand universe. They are soft, moist, loaded with oats, chocolate and fall time pumpkin flavor. My dear friend Julie sent me the recipe last week, and I have to admit to making them twice in the past few days. They are simple to make and will make your house smell oh-so fabulous.

Hope you love them. :)

For more fabulous Pumpkin Recipes (one cannot have too many, you know) click here for a complete list from my archives.

Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 t baking soda
1 t cinnamon
1/2 t salt
1 C instant/quick cooking oats
1 C milk chocolate chips
1/2 C semi-sweet chocolate chips

1. Place 1 cup softened butter, 1 cup brown sugar and 1 cup sugar into your stand mixer or large mixing bowl. Beat the mixture until it is light and fluffy, should take about 3 minutes.

2. Add an egg and mix until combined.

3. Add 1 cup canned pumpkin puree and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Mix until combined.

4. In a medium-sized mixing bowl combine 2 1/2 cups flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and  1/2 teaspoon salt. Just toss them all together with a fork.
5. Find your self 1 cup of instant or quick cooking oats and add it to the dry ingredients. Toss it all together to combine and then add it to the creamed ingredients in your mixer.

6. Pour 1 cup milk chocolate chips

and 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips into the mixer. Mix on low-speed until everything is well incorporated.

7. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Use two spoons, or a nice scooping gadget to place round balls of dough on the sheet.
8. Bake the cookies at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.

Enjoy!

Tami
    October 17, 2012 at 11:37 am

I just made these and they are really good. I added butterscotch chips and they are delicious. Thanks Jamie.

October 17, 2012 at 9:20 pm

Tami,
      Wow! You are one fast cookie. :) So glad they turned out well for you. It was so fun to see you the other day! Hope things are still going well for you and your family.

Kate
    October 17, 2012 at 12:39 pm

I am so making these! Thank you :)

Becki
    October 17, 2012 at 12:43 pm

Jamie, I’ve been following your blog for a long time. I feel a kinship because my husband served his mission in Korea as well. I use your recipes OFTEN and they seriously have never failed me. I made these pumpkin cookies this morning. They were delish! You rock the cooking world!

October 17, 2012 at 9:19 pm

Becki,
      Thanks for your sweet note. So glad you loved the cookies and am happy so many of the recipes have turned out well for you. Have a great night. :)

judy
    October 17, 2012 at 2:50 pm

ok the pumpkin puree is that the 100% pure pumpkin or the pumpkin pie mix

October 17, 2012 at 9:15 pm

Hi Judy,
      Yes, you need 100% pumpkin puree, not the pumpkin pie mix. Hope you love them!

October 17, 2012 at 6:49 pm

Oh Jamie – I do believe I want to be you when I grow up. Love your new blog :)

Jackie Mitchell
    October 17, 2012 at 9:26 pm

Yummy! I just saw this recipe and have to admit that I’ve never been all that fond of “regular” pumpkin/chocolate chip cookies (dough like Toll House, but with added pumpkin) – the oatmeal idea is brilliant! I’m totally making these tomorrow! Very excited! Another great post, thanks so much! :)

Janae
    October 18, 2012 at 7:55 am

Hi Jamie,
    I tried pinning this to pinterest and the pin is not working.
    I can’t wait to try these cookies, I love pumpkin!

Elizabeth
    October 18, 2012 at 1:11 pm

Just curious if you could use old-fashioned oats instead of the instant/quick-cooking oats? I wondered if that would change the consistency. I have some left from another cookie recipe. These sound delicious!

October 19, 2012 at 9:11 am

Elizabeth,
      I haven’t ever tried it with regular oats, but my thoughts are that it would work out fine. Let me know if you try it and how it works. Good luck!

Lindsay
    October 22, 2012 at 7:31 pm

Delicious!! As with most recipes I used all “off-brand” products (to cut costs) and these cookies were WONDERFUL! Thanks Jamie!

Nicole
    October 24, 2012 at 9:43 am

These look amazing!!! I found your blog randomly and the fun thing is that I know Julie Thomson! I grew up across the street from her husband’s family and am really good friends with his sister, Tami. I have loved every recipe that I have ever made off your blog. Keep up the great work!

Jodi G
    October 24, 2012 at 12:46 pm

I just made these and they are sooo good! They will be a keeper around my house. They made my house smell wonderful. I will have to try your Baked Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal with my left over pumkin. Thanks for all your yummy recipes!

Clover
    October 24, 2012 at 6:57 pm

I made these a couple of days ago and they are delish! I lied to my kids when they asked if there was pumpkin in them because I knew they wouldn’t touch them if they knew. I waited until they had each eaten a few asked them if they liked them which they said they did, then told them they did indeed have pumpkin in them. I’m a little liar I know. Anyways I still probably love them more than the kids and have eated at least 6 a day since I made them.

Brittney
    November 27, 2012 at 4:16 pm

I’m about to make these for the second time. They are SO delicious!!! Thanks for the recipe! I’ve already shared it with a few people after they loved the first batch!

September 28, 2013 at 7:51 pm

The picture above shows what looks to be 1/2 c. butter (1 stick maybe cut in half) yet the recipe calls for 1 c. butter. Seems like too much, but other than that cookies are in the oven now and hope they are as good as they look!

Lindsey
    October 3, 2013 at 11:34 am

Hey Jamie!

Excited to bake these cookies this afternoon. I could not get your “Pumpkin Recipes” link to work. Could you try posting it again? Having pumpkin fever around here :)

October 3, 2013 at 1:05 pm

Lindsey,
      Thanks for letting me know. I have fixed the link. Hope you love the cookies. Made them again just last week. :)

Mary Mack
    October 6, 2013 at 6:03 pm

having the same problem

Tammy
    October 11, 2013 at 6:33 pm

Hi Jamie these look so good !:) is the flour self rise or all purpose ..

Denise
    November 6, 2013 at 6:46 pm

I made these tonight and they were great! The right combination of pumpkin and oatmeal…and let’s not forget the chocolate chips! Thanks for sharing!

Alice
    November 16, 2013 at 7:48 am

I am a pumpkin freak and these do not disappoint. Yum!