To say that these Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are good, would be the understatement of the grand universe. They are soft, moist, loaded with oats, chocolate and fall time pumpkin flavor. My dear friend Julie sent me the recipe last week, and I have to admit to making them twice in the past few days. They are simple to make and will make your house smell oh-so fabulous.
Hope you love them.
Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
PRINT RECPE WITH PICTURE
Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 48 cookies
Recipe from the lovely and beautiful Julie Thomson
1 C butter
1 C brown sugar
1 C sugar
1 t vanilla
1 C canned pumpkin puree
2 1/2 C flour
1 t baking soda
1 t cinnamon
1/2 t salt
1 C instant/quick cooking oats
1 C milk chocolate chips
1/2 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Place 1 cup softened butter, 1 cup brown sugar and 1 cup sugar into your stand mixer or large mixing bowl. Beat the mixture until it is light and fluffy, should take about 3 minutes.
2. Add an egg and mix until combined.
3. Add 1 cup canned pumpkin puree and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Mix until combined.
4. In a medium-sized mixing bowl combine 2 1/2 cups flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Just toss them all together with a fork.
5. Find your self 1 cup of instant or quick cooking oats and add it to the dry ingredients. Toss it all together to combine and then add it to the creamed ingredients in your mixer.
6. Pour 1 cup milk chocolate chips
and 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips into the mixer. Mix on low-speed until everything is well incorporated.
7. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Use two spoons, or a nice scooping gadget to place round balls of dough on the sheet.
8. Bake the cookies at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.