Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip (Crock Pot)

Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip (Crock Pot)

I have a very simple appetizer recipe for you today. Sometimes the simplest of things can make life so much calmer and easier and oh so fabulous. Simple is under-rated, in my book. Especially at this time of year when we all try and pile on 10 times as many activities as we have time for. You don’t do that? I am so proud of you. You are a life manager extraordinaire.

This dip takes very short 10 minutes to assemble, and requires only 5 ingredients (including the tortilla chips and celery sticks you see before your very eye balls). Did I not say it was going to be simple! I did. Pretty sure of it, actually.

Things you can expect out of this dip…

Hearty-ness.

Spicy-ness.

Creamy-ness.

Dip a chip or cool celery stick into its fabulous-ness and enjoy a bite of simple pleasure, ladies and gentlemen.

Simple.

Pleasure. :)

Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip
PRINT RECIPE WITH PICTURE

Time: 10 minutes prep + 1 hour crock pot cooking
Yield: 2-3 cups
Recipe from my talented sister-in-law Mary Ehrhart

1 rotisserie chicken
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1/2 C Franks Red Hot Cayenne Pepper Sauce (Or Franks Red Hot Buffalo Sauce)
Celery
Tortilla Chips

1. Grab your self a nice looking rotisserie chicken.

Remove the meat from the bones and give it a nice chop. Toss it into a small crock pot (between 2 and 4 quarts in size).

2. Unwrap 1 package of cream cheese and place it on a microwave safe plate. Heat it for 30 seconds, or until the cream cheese is soft. Warming it up a bit makes it a lot easier to spread and incorporate into the dip. Place it in the crock pot.

3. Pour in 1/2 a cup of Franks Red Hot Sauce. More if you like it really spicy, less if you want less of a kick.
4. Stir all of the ingredients together so that the chicken is covered in the cream cheese and hot sauce. Cook on low for 1 hour, or until the mixture is heated through. Then turn your crock pot to the warm setting and enjoy!

Serve with celery sticks and tortilla chips.

Beth
    December 20, 2012 at 10:50 am

My kroger actually pulls apart the day old rot. Chickens and puts them in small packages to buy- my FAVORITE! How much chx would you say that the recipe calls for approximately? Thx!

December 21, 2012 at 7:12 am

Hi Beth,
      I would use about 2 cups chopped chicken. Good luck!

December 20, 2012 at 1:31 pm

Oh my, another good one! We’re definitely trying this over the weekend!

Bonnie
    December 20, 2012 at 3:15 pm

Thanks for this recipe!!! I had it but misplaced it. You can also add somc ranch or blue cheese dressing. Also, I am a spicy food wimp so I only add a tiny bit of Franks.

Pam
    December 20, 2012 at 4:20 pm

I’m kind of a wimp too. How hot is it with the amount of hot sauce called for?

December 21, 2012 at 7:11 am

Hi Pam,
      Just add a little sauce at a time, tasting it occasionally until you reach the desired “hotness”. :)
      Hope you enjoy it!

Bonnie
    December 20, 2012 at 7:19 pm

Pam, 1/2 a cup of hot sauce is waaaayyyy too much for me!!!! I start with about a teaspoon and then add and taste until I have reached a hotness I can tolerate. Actually what I do is I make the dip except for the hot sauce and put it in two separate bowls. This way I can make 2 levels of hotness.

Wendy
    December 20, 2012 at 8:08 pm

This looks amazing! Can’t wait to try it!
    I LOVE your website. I use your recipes daily and every one is delicious, I don’t know how you do it!
    Question for you, do you have a recommendation for a recipe I could make for all my neighbors this Christmas? It’s such an overwhelming task I thought I would ask the expert.

December 21, 2012 at 7:10 am

Hi Wendy,
      I published a post last week with 30 different Christmas treat ideas…it might lead you in the right direction. You can link to it here
      Good luck! Hope you have a Happy Holiday!

February 19, 2014 at 5:44 am

Yeah that’s what I’m talking about baib–nyce work!

Kelsey
    January 3, 2013 at 8:28 am

How many does this serve?

Lindsy Blake
    February 5, 2013 at 11:36 am

I made this dip for a party & added a container of crumbled BLUE Cheese to the Cream Cheese & Chicken mixture. I cut the amount of Franks’ Wing Sauce in half. I then served it with Carrot & Celery Sticks & Multi-Grain Tostitos Scoops. So YUMMY!

July 9, 2013 at 1:03 pm

This is really attention-grabbing, You are
    an overly professional blogger. I have joined your rss feed and
    stay up for in search of extra of your excellent post.
    Additionally, I have shared your website in my social networks

July 31, 2013 at 2:13 pm

Another thing to cut down on the heat is to add 1/2 cup of ranch dressing – doesn’t change the taste much, but the heat doesn’t overwhelm. We use the same recipe above, but make that one change. Good stuff!!! :)

Sara
    December 24, 2013 at 11:14 am

I made a half batch of this…but used the whole amount of hot sauce. Yuuuuuum. I also added some shredded colby jack cheese.