Pumpkin Waffles

Pumpkin Waffles

Just a few days ago, on Saturday morning my daughter Emily sat up to the kitchen counter and asked if I was making waffles.

Yes, indeed I am…is what I told her.

“What kind?” she wondered.

When I mentioned they were Pumpkin Waffles, she let out a big sigh and said…”Can I tell you something? The one thing I don’t really like about October and November is that you are ALWAYS cooking with pumpkin and well, pumpkin is just not my favorite taste is all. That’s it Mom. That’s what I have to say about pumpkin. No offense, right?”

None was taken. I can accept a persons true opinion (now and then) and am willing to admit I have a slight pumpkin obsession. I know some of you are right there with me. (Melt In Your Mouth Soft Frosted Pumpkin Cookies here we come, baby).

Emily agreed to give the Pumpkin Waffles a try…and these were the words she uttered after she ate one.

“That’s the best pumpkin thing you have made all year! May I have another…”

I smiled a bit at this small victory, then sat down and wrote this post for you.

Let’s make them, man. You, me and that can of pumpkin you have waiting on your pantry shelf.

Pumpkin Waffles from Jamie Cooks It Up!

Pumpkin Waffles

1 tsp allspice
1 tsp  ginger
1/2 tsp  salt
1/4 C brown sugar
1/4 C butter, melted
IMG_9465

1. Grab 4 eggs. Separate the eggs, placing the whites in your stand mixer, or medium-sized mixing bowl and the yolks into a separate mixing bowl.

IMG_9467

2. Whip the egg whites until they are white and fluffy and soft peaks form.

IMG_9474

Like this. 🙂 Should take several minutes.

IMG_9468

3. To the egg yolks add 2 cups milk…

IMG_9469

and 1 cup pumpkin puree. (Not pumpkin pie filling). Stir it well to combine.

IMG_9471

4. Into a separate bowl add 2 1/2 cups flour, 4 teaspoons baking powder, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, 1 teaspoon allspice, 1 teaspoon ginger, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 cup brown sugar. Take a fork and toss it all together to combine.

IMG_9472

5. Pour the pumpkin mixture into the dry ingredients. Stir just until most of the flour is incorporated.

IMG_9475

6. Add 1/4 cup melted butter and stir it in.

IMG_9477

7. Add about half of the fluffy egg whites, gently folding them in. Add the second half and fold these in as well.

IMG_9478

Should look like this.

IMG_9479

8. Heat up your waffle iron, spray it with cooking spray and scoop about 1/2 cup of batter into the center. Cook according to your manufactures instructions, and until golden brown.

Serve warm with butter and maple syrup.

Enjoy!

IMG_9491

Here’s a handy “Pin-able” shot…

Pumpkin Waffles from Jamie Cooks It Up!!

Leslie Creech
    November 11, 2013 at 12:31 pm

Jamie,

Yum! I’ve made several recipes from your website. Not only have they been good but everyone always wants the recipe. Thanks for the great ideas.

November 12, 2013 at 10:01 am

I have a pumpkin obsession too,, but I sure love Apple in the fall time too.. I came across this recipe from a fellow blogger I follow and it looks delicious. So if you are as into fall flavors as I am,, you might enjoy it too..!

Cara Jones
    November 13, 2013 at 7:33 pm

Not a fan of putting maple syrup on the pumpkin waffle. How would it taste with brown butter buttermilk syrup or your cinnamon syrup?

Cara Jones
    November 13, 2013 at 7:39 pm

PS Have you ever tried “apple cider” syrup? I saw that on Pinterest with “pumpkin pie waffles… I’m making your pumpkin waffles for a Holiday brunch and just because of my own quirks don’t want to use maple but I want a yummy syrup to go with. THANKS!

November 14, 2013 at 7:14 am

Hi Cara,
      I haven’t ever tried apple cider syrup (sounds great!). We tried these pumpkin waffles with the cinnamon syrup recipe from my site, and my family preferred regular maple. If you are opposed to maple, give this buttercream syrup a go.
      I bet it will knock your socks off. Good luck!

February 8, 2014 at 6:36 am

Jill,wondering if you took any photos with the stndeuts art that was at the lecture of Dr. Goodall’s that was around the room? I am the teacher that had the show.These photos are wonderful.What is the cost of a small one? Oops assuming you are selling some. I love the kiss.She was wonderful. Can’t believe we still don’t get it.Anyway,Great shoot.marcy monte

Megan
    November 17, 2013 at 9:36 am

Amazing! I made these for my pumpkin-loving husband for his birthday breakfast….awesome! My kitchen still smells yummy. We are pretty picky about waffles…and these are a hit. Harder to make than my basic recipe but worth it. Yummy with pure maple syrup! Thanks Jamie…you are a super-hero!

February 8, 2014 at 7:15 am

DogPAC story by BEND OREGON PORTRAIT Aug 15, 2011 Last week I got to meet and capture dog and Bend lover, Kreg Lindberg. Kreg is lolalcy known for the inspiration behind Bend’s DogPAC. Amish embosser

Audra