Good morning sunshine! Well, actually here in Utah it is snowing buckets full. Who would guess that we are one day away from spring break.
No one, that’s who.
But here it comes regardless.
Break out the coats and gird yourself in snow pants.
These are the wonderful waffles my Mom made for our family for years. I got a big waffle iron for Christmas that will make 4 of these beauties at a time.
Halleluiah, is all I have to say about that.
Making waffles for my crowd 2 at a time can give a girl a headache.
It can also cause a lot of anxiety between siblings.
You can hear it now “…..I get the next one….can I have another one….I really need to have 5 Mom, I am a growing boy…..I always have to wait until last…..I am so HUNGRY!”
You are getting a headache just reading about it, aren’t you!
Just say halleluiah for the large waffle iron.
It will make you feel so much better!
I know I do.
Yield: 10 waffles
1 3/4 C flour (2 1/4 C flour if you are using regular milk)
2 C buttermilk (I use regular milk with 1 t vinegar in it)
1/2 t soda
2 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
2 egg yolks, beaten
2 beaten egg whites, whisked until frothy
1/2 C oil
1. Combine all of the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
2. Add the milk, oil and egg yolks. Mix together.
3. Add the egg whites and mix, just until combined.
4. Spray a hot waffle iron with cooking spray.
5. Cook waffles until nice and golden brown.
6. Top with maple syrup and serve.