The Weekend Report: A Valentines Day Crush

The Weekend Report: A Valentines Day Crush
Pocket

Did you have a great Valentines Day last week? I sure hope so.

I ended up spending a bit of time at the elementary school…

two cuties

with these two sweethearts of mine and their First Grade classmates.

boxes

They had a fun little Valentines party complete with darling Valentines Boxes (can you believe that awesome R2D2…or is he C3PO? Not really sure which, but my hat’s off to the parent who helped with that little treasure. Well done!

toilet box

And how about that cute toilet! Clever, man.

aaron

On the way home from school, after the party this handsome boy of mine said…

“My Valentines Day is totally wrecked.”

“Wow!” I said. “Seems like you were having a fun time at the party. What was it that wrecked the whole day?”

“I have a crush on this cute girl in my class and  today I asked her if she had a crush on someone.”

boxes in hall
“Oh, yeah? What did she say?”

justin beeber

“She said yep, I have a crush on someone. It’s Justin Bieber.”

“Wow, buddy. That’s rough.” I said. “But not to worry, man. I’m pretty sure Justin Bieber is in jail or something.”

It didn’t really make him feel any better.

But then he got home, ate a bunch of Valentines candy and romped through the neighborhood playing hoop outside with his 7 year old buddies. Which turned out to be a pretty great cure for his wrecked Valentines Day and his battle with Justin Bieber.

Ah, to be 7 again…right? 🙂

Heidi
    February 22, 2014 at 11:29 am

What a great story! Justin Bieber is the nemesis of many a young boy. Hopefully the girls wise up quick and in a few years we don’t remember JB! I too love helping with class parties and getting to know the kids in their class.

February 22, 2014 at 1:22 pm

This post is awesome! He’s a heart breaker. I’m sure he’ll have many Valentine’s days to look forward to. 🙂

March 11, 2014 at 5:54 am

I ran across this piutcre today and it made me slow down and think about things.I don’t think it struck me how much Tyler loved the team and paintball until we came around the corner of the viewing room and his empty uniform hung next to our flowers and his casket. I couldn’t even breathe for a minute or two.

Erin R.
    February 22, 2014 at 5:01 pm

Dang! Too bad! But she’ll get over Justin sooner or later and your cute boy will be in luck.

I love that you got to go to their Valentine’s party. I used to love it when my mom came to my school stuff.

Selena
    February 23, 2014 at 8:00 am

I don’t understand how anyone could have a crush on Justin B. over your adorable boy. He is a million times cuter! Annie’s Valentine’s box was in one of those pictures!

Margaret Matlock
    February 23, 2014 at 11:58 pm

He’s a cutie for sure.

Lynn Bailey
    February 24, 2014 at 5:13 am

It is so nice to see that elementary children still make valentine boxes! Hope they always will!

February 24, 2014 at 7:16 am

That is too funny!!! She must be into bad boys! LOL!