The Weekend Report: A Double Baptism

The Weekend Report: A Double Baptism
Pocket

Last Saturday these twin boys of mine got baptized.

family

We had a great day. Our extended family and some close friends joined us for a luncheon afterwards. It was so wonderful to be together. I have to admit to feeling pretty nostalgic, as these boys are my youngest and the last to be baptized. I can’t believe how fast time is rushing past! If someone offered me a “pause” button for life, I would push it!

brothers
When these boys were just babies I hoped they would grow to be good friends. Man, I really hoped it! Prayed for it, in fact. ๐Ÿ™‚

arms
Now that we are eight years in…I can honestly say, these two are the best of friends. I love being able to watch them love each other.

Aaron

Not that they don’t ever have a squabble or two.ย They have them now and then, just as all siblings do.

nate

No one has a perfect relationship after all.

jump
But these boys? They are lucky beyond belief to have each other. Now, I don’t know exactly why God chooses to send some of his children to earth in pairs. What I do know is…

off into the distance

this pair melts my heart daily.

Feeling immensely blessed to be their mama.

JudyP65
    September 27, 2014 at 10:16 am

What a wonderful day. They will remember it for ever. It’s a day of decision and I’m glad they chose the Lord.

Susan B
    September 27, 2014 at 10:17 am

Congratulations! Your boys are truly a blessing to you and your family. They are so darned cute!!
    I have a question about the bags they are holding- what are those?

September 27, 2014 at 11:26 am

Hi Susan,
      Thanks for your kind words about my boys. I think they are pretty darned cute, too. ๐Ÿ™‚
      Inside the bags are two sets of scriptures, both The Bible (The Kind James Version) and The Book of Mormon. If you aren’t familiar with The Book of Mormon, I would be happy to answer any questions you have about this amazing and precious book. (I would even love to send you one!…no pressure, truly) or you can read about it at this link.

Have a great day, Susan. ๐Ÿ™‚

Jen
    September 27, 2014 at 11:41 am

Beeeautiful!

Janene
    September 27, 2014 at 1:21 pm

I too have twin boys (identical) and have felt blessed everyday! They are both so kind and loving and always have huge smiles on their faces. I too prayed that they’d be the best of friends and they are! They both just got their first jobs as RN’s. But they are now across the country from each other.

Heidi
    September 27, 2014 at 2:15 pm

What a blessing to your family. They look so handsome in their suits. Congratulations on following our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

Judi Gant
    September 27, 2014 at 3:24 pm

Thanks for sharing this family event with your readers. Handsome boys!!

Susan Mowery
    September 27, 2014 at 4:37 pm

Enjoyed reading this. You are truly blessed and this was beautiful!!

Ellie
    September 27, 2014 at 5:36 pm

Congratulations! Love your blog, your website, your post and your heart.

gloria
    September 28, 2014 at 10:39 am

Just wanted to say thank u for sharing these handsome pics of your boys on this great day. made my day bless u and your family.

Nancy Smith
    September 28, 2014 at 12:45 pm

Congratulations! My last one was baptized a few years ago. It goes so fast! Thanks for sharing!

Emma
    October 3, 2014 at 10:51 pm

Congratulations to your boys!