The Weekend Report: True Love

The Weekend Report: True Love
Pocket

Yesterday, my daughters and I made just under 1000 chocolate dipped strawberries. Because we are partly (super) crazy, but mostly so Anna (my eldest daughter) could earn money to pay for her high school choir trip to California.

IMG_4857_edited-1

I got some pretty wild looks when I left Costco with this many berries, I really did.  🙂

IMG_4859_edited-1

It was a fun day, and I am not pulling your leg! My girls (and my little boys, for that matter!) worked their little hearts out. It was a family affair, with all hands on deck.

Chocolate Dipped Strawberries

IMG_4865_edited-1

IMG_4864_edited-1

We sold no less than 165 boxes to our family, friends and neighbors.

IMG_4862_edited-1

IMG_4870_edited-1

20150213_172301_edited-1
The best part of the day?

Besides spending time working with my kids, making the money Anna needs for her trip, visiting with my cool neighbors and eating chocolate dipped strawberries…

Was when MyHandsomeHusband (my favorite valentine, truly) came home from work, washed all the dishes and mopped my kitchen floor.

That.

Is True Love.

PS…Happy Valentines Day. 🙂

Active Instagram 3 icon Follow me on Instagram at jamiecooksitup_ or by clicking here.

February 14, 2015 at 9:08 am

Wow !!! Beautiful photos of your Valentines delights. Wish I could have purchased some, too. Just prepared special breakfast on our boat for a couples anniversary. We are having your breakfast potatoes with ham and peppers. Happy Valentines.

Anne
    February 14, 2015 at 9:50 am

Ha Ha. I LOVED the part where your handsome husband was on clean-up detail. THAT’S what my husband would be doing too! The strawberries look beautiful. Good job! Happy Valentine’s Day!

Deloris
    February 14, 2015 at 11:17 am

That was a TRUE love story!

Patti
    February 14, 2015 at 11:30 am

Amazing all the way around, down to the kitchen clean up! Way cool!!

Melissa B
    February 14, 2015 at 11:32 am

These look awesome!
    Happy Valentines Day!

sandi r
    February 14, 2015 at 11:32 am

Love a husband who can mop!!! Mine fakes he can’t find how that thing works…Costco does have the most beautiful strawberries in the world but that chocolate sure sets them off.. Wish I lived closer.. SANDI>

February 14, 2015 at 12:17 pm

Wow! that’s a lot of hard work, what a good Mum you are.
    Well done.

Julie
    February 14, 2015 at 1:05 pm

LOVE this idea. Cute but easy packaging and what great family bonding AND way to raise money. May I inquire as to what you charged/profit margin? (I am going to suggest this to my teen to do to raise some money.) She dipped oreo’s to give to all of her friends as a treat for V-day, but I really like the thought of pre-ordering/earning some money for her efforts too (in addition to being a great friend!)

Lori A.
    February 14, 2015 at 1:17 pm

Nice! Great idea. I’ll have to remember this when my daughter’s choir trip comes up next year.
    And the hubby cleaning?? Dang.

Judy
    February 14, 2015 at 1:48 pm

Wow! Your husband is truly an angel! Mine would have done the same! 🙂
    The strawberries look gorgeous!

Doreen Buckmore
    February 14, 2015 at 3:55 pm

Those look wonderful. Although I could make them myself, I would buy from her too! Let’s face it, a young adult trying to make money for a trip….I would have bought for friends too!!!

February 14, 2015 at 6:29 pm

wow you were a busy bee..they boxes look amazing..glad you were able to raise the money needed..I love!!! dipped strawberries..had I been closer I would have gotten one for sure..kudos to your hubby too..;) happy valentines day:)

Amy
    February 14, 2015 at 8:17 pm

What a great idea to raise money. Wish we could have gotten some. They look delicious

Diana Grindel
    February 14, 2015 at 9:26 pm

What a wonderful hubs (he’s a keeper!!). What a wonderful idea to sell those for Vday to make the monies !!
    She is a very pretty young lady and you should be very proud of her !! (which I know you are !!). Happy Vday to you and yours !!!

Marjorie Oliver
    February 15, 2015 at 10:51 am

That is a lovely experience and memory you and your family will have, what could be better than that! ..wish I could have had a sample:)

February 16, 2015 at 4:48 pm

I admit. Chocolate covered strawberries are one of my all time favorites so are always on my wish list. My sweet hubby picked up some for me from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory…. Seriously yours put theirs to shame. Next time let us know when you’re doing such a fund raiser. I’m sure all your local followers could bring in some bucks!!!

Lynn B.
    February 17, 2015 at 8:50 am

Sounds like a wonderful, if tiring, day with your family. That’s a perfect Valentine!

andrea hall
    March 25, 2018 at 8:11 pm

awesome job. what size clamshell did you use and where did you find them? do you have a pic of the flyer that you used to sell/promote selling?