Last week my extended family and I enjoyed a “staycation” where we all stayed at our own homes and then met at different spots around the Salt Lake Valley to play and enjoy each others company. (7 Peaks, Curiosity Museum, Golf, Swimming, Salt Lake Temple, etc). It was a wonderful three days. I loved every minute.
They are, after all some of my favorite people in the wide world. We were able to fit a family picture in during our staycationing, thank goodness, just before my brother Coby and his cute family moved far away to Oregon. Seriously, they hopped in a truck and drove to Oregon 5 minutes after the pictures were taken. That takes some kind of guts and masterminded planning, truly.
During our fun time together my siblings and I all took turns making one meal for the group, and I chose to make the BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches found here. My family loved them, but true to form I made twice as much meat as we needed. I’m always a nervous about running out of food when feeding a large crowd. Who wants hungry people wandering around with stars in their eyes for deliciousness, only to be disappointed when their turn comes to dish up and the pot is empty. That puts panic into my heart. I hate to disapoint, you know.
So, I have been thinking about different ways to serve leftover BBQ Pulled Pork that are new, exciting and wonderful. I am happy to report to you all on this sunny summer day that these BBQ Ranch Pulled Pork Nachos are knock down fabulous. I made them tonight, served them for dinner and my family gobbled them up. Rave reviews all around.
Hope you give them a try, gang. They are SUPER EASY and make a great summer-time dinner, lunch, snack or back yard bbq appetizer.
Let me show you how to make it happen!
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Take about 2 C leftover BBQ Pulled Pork (recipe here). Place it in a microwave safe bowl and drizzle it with 1/2 C Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce. Stir it together, cover and microwave for 1-2 minutes, or until the meat is heated through.
3. Grab a large cookie sheet and cover it with tortilla chips (about half of an 18 ounce bag).
4. Spoon the shredded pork over the top of the chips.
5. Cover the chips and meat with 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese. Drizzle about 3 Tb Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce over the top of everything.
6. Pop it into the oven for 7-8 minutes or until the cheese is melted and wonderful.
7. Drizzle Ranch Dressing all over the top of the chips.
8. Sprinkle with 2 Tb chopped green onion and 2 Tb chopped cilantro.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
Here’s the handy printable…