Chocolate Banana Bread
I am forever looking for great ways to use up brown spotted bananas! It seems there are always several sitting on my counter. I have some great recipes in my archives (scroll to the bottom of the post to see a few favorites) but have always wanted a great Chocolate Banana Bread recipe to add to the stack. This recipe I’ve brought along to share with you today is fabulous! It’s rich, moist and the top is studded with a slightly crisp, chocolate chip coating. It’s super good, my friends. Hope some of you get a chance to try it!
2 C flour
1 C unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3 C mashed bananas (about 6)
1/2 C butter, melted and cooled
1/2 C canola or vegetable oil
1 1/2 C brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 C chocolate chips (milk or semi sweet)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2.Into a medium sized mixing bowl, toss together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
3. In a separate large mixing bowl, beat the bananas together with eggs until well blended. Add the melted butter, oil, brown sugar and vanilla and beat for about 1 minute.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and fold them in, making sure not to over mix.
5. Add 1 1/2 C of the chocolate chips.
6. Spray 2 (9x5) loaf pans with cooking spray. Cut two pieces of parchment paper to fit the bottom of the loaf pans and place them inside.
7. Spread the batter evenly into both pans and sprinkle the top of each loaf with 1 tsp of sugar and the remaining chocolate chips.
8. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Cool on a wire rack and serve.
Recipe from www.jamiecooksitup.net
Recipe adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod
Looking for more Banana Recipes? Here are a few of my favorites!
Banana Bread Muffins with Cream Cheese Frosting
Best Banana Bread
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Soft Frosted Banana Bread Cookies
Glazed Banana Bars