BBQ Country Style Pork Ribs (Crock Pot)

BBQ Country Style Pork Ribs (Crock Pot)
Pocket

Delicious enough to serve to company and easy enough to prepare for an easy weeknight meal, these BBQ Country Style Ribs are fabulously tender, juicy and loaded with BBQ flavor. They simmer away in the crock pot for 6-8 hours, creating meat that is fall apart fabulous. The ribs are then transferred to a baking dish, smothered in BBQ Sauce and baked, just long enough (about 10 minutes) for the sauce the get sticky and delightful. The combination of these two cooking methods makes a wonderful pan of ribs, I can tell you that.

Hope you get a chance to give them a try!

Crock Pot BBQ Ribs from Jamie Cooks It Up!

Serve This With

Perfect Baked Potatoes or Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole
Corn Bread
Chinese Cabbage Salad

BBQ Country Style Ribs (Crock Pot)

Time: 10 minutes prep + 6-8 hours crock pot cooking + 10 minutes oven cooking time
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!

4 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
1 Tb Montreal steak seasoning
1/2 tsp granulated garlic
1/2 ts Lawry’s seasoned salt
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 1/2 C Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce

IMG_5661_edited-1

1. Grab 4 pounds of boneless country-style pork ribs. Make sure they are completely thawed.

IMG_5665_edited-1

2. Spray the bottom of a (4-6 quart) crock pot with cooking spray and lay half of the ribs in the bottom.

IMG_5663_edited-1

2. Grab 1 Tb Montreal steak seasoning, 1/2 tsp granulated garlic, 1/2 tsp Lawry’s seasoned salt and 1/2 ts chili powder.

IMG_5664_edited-1

Mix the ingredients together in a small bowl.

IMG_5666_edited-1

Sprinkle half of the seasoning mixture over the top of the ribs.
3. Lay the other half of the ribs into the crock pot and sprinkle the seasonings over the top.

IMG_5670_edited-1

4. Pour 1/4 C water into the crock pot, at the very edge, making sure not to wash away any of the seasonings.
5. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.

IMG_5793_edited-1

6. When the ribs have finished cooking, preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
7. Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray and carefully place the ribs into it.

IMG_5796_edited-1

8. Drizzle Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce over the top of the ribs. You’ll need about 1 1/2 cups…or more if you so desire.

IMG_5798_edited-1

Like this…

IMG_5802_edited-1

9. Pop the pan into the oven and bake for 10 minutes, or until the sauce has heated through and has had a chance to get sticky and wonderful.

BBQ Ribs (Crock Pot) from Jamie Cooks It Up!

IMG_5815_edited-1

Serve…

Crock Pot BBQ Ribs Jamie Cooks It Up1

…and enjoy!

Active Instagram 3 icon Follow me on Instagram at jamiecooksitup_ or by clicking here.

SuzieW
    January 2, 2016 at 10:51 am

I’m going to try this in my newest toy, a Casserole Crock.

Selena
    June 27, 2016 at 7:30 am

Can you use bone-in ribs?

June 27, 2016 at 10:35 am

Selena,
      You bet, bone in ribs would work out great.
      Thanks!

Kelly
    March 8, 2017 at 3:33 pm

Tried these tonight!! Simply delicious! Definitely a keeper!

March 13, 2017 at 9:55 am

Hi Kelly,
      So happy to hear you enjoyed it! Thanks so much for letting me know.
      Best,

Marie
    April 24, 2017 at 8:01 pm

They were very tender but a little spicy. Do you think it was the chili powder?

May 1, 2017 at 8:53 am

Marie,
      Yes, if you want to reduce the chili powder it would definitely reduce the spicy kick.
      Best,

Denise R.
    June 15, 2017 at 6:13 pm

Jamie,

Thank you for a wonderful recipe. I made it last night for dinner and it was SO easy and SO yummy! I cooked mine in the crockpot for 8 hours and they were literally falling apart when I took them out.

My husband lived in Alabama for 2 years and claims these are just as good as the ribs in the south. If you knew my husband, you’d know this is HUGE compliment because he’s particular about his BBQ!

Thanks for sharing your talents and recipes with us!

Denise

Laura
    July 3, 2017 at 11:26 am

This is a very tasty recipe. I was thrilled with the results. Would be great to serve to company!

Sue Hagerman
    November 29, 2017 at 9:55 am

Hi Jamie!! I just want to tell you that this recipe is awesome!! Everything is so good!!
    I want to make it again tonight but I’m crunched for time!! Can I make these on high setting? How many hours on high?

January 22, 2018 at 7:15 pm

I cannot say enough good things about this recipe! It’s incredible! I’ve cooked it for company, and it turned picky eaters into rib-lovers. I recommend this recipe to anyone looking to make ribs. Look no further.

January 25, 2018 at 9:22 am

Laura,
      Thanks for your comment! So happy to hear the ribs turned out well for you.
      Best,

Jen
    February 2, 2018 at 9:20 am

Just want to confirm that you lay the ribs down in two layers. Also would using bone in ribs change the cook time?

February 6, 2018 at 3:38 pm

Jen,
      Yes, laying the ribs down in two layers will work out great. I haven’t ever tried using the bone in ribs, but imagine that the cooking time will remain the same. Best of luck to you!

Michelle
    February 10, 2018 at 11:07 am

These look so good!! But I don’t have 8 hours to cook them! Combo of high and low to reduce cook time??

Mary
      September 13, 2018 at 3:31 pm

I would like to know as well if there is a way to shorten the cook time with low and high intervals.

Janell
    May 27, 2018 at 5:40 pm

I have an instant pot and am planning to try this recipe which looks amazing by the way. But I was wondering if I need to adjust the liquid amount The recipe calls for verses a crock pot. I’m VERY new at the whole “instant pot “ thing. Thanks for your time and ideas.

May 31, 2018 at 9:35 pm

hi Janell,
      Thanks for your question. I haven’t ever tried this recipe in the instant pot and so can’t give you very accurate advice on adjusting the liquid amount. I would imagine the 1/4 C water used in the crock pot version would be enough. Let me know if you try it and how it turns out! Best of luck to you!

Larsen Whipsnade
    July 2, 2018 at 2:24 pm

This is the easiest and best country rib crockpot recipe ever. I fed friends and they were impressed. It’s really good.

John
    July 4, 2018 at 2:36 am

Jamie, I will be making these today, 4th of July! They will go very well with the fresh, out of the field White Sloughouse Corn that we bought Monday. I KNOW I will like them, cuz, well, they ARE RIBS, of course! I will let you know JUST HOW MUCH I like them after I make this dish! Thanks! 🙂