If I could do anything in my power to convince you to make this fabulous array of veggies, dear reader…I would do it. They are so hearty and wonderful and are perfect to serve alongside pretty much anything. 😉 My husband had them at a work luncheon he went to recently and came home raving about them. I’ve made them several times over the past week or so…they are that good. My family loves them, I love them…I took them to a neighborhood party and they were loved there as well. They are super simple to prepare, are loaded with flavor and are healthy besides.
Simple, easy, nutritious…all things to love in a recipe, right?
Let me show you how to make them happen!
1. Preheat your grill to 350 degrees.
2. Peel and chop 12-15 large carrots. (Click here for a tutorial on how best to cut them).
3. Peel 1 head of garlic. No need to mince or chop it, just separate the cloves from their wrapping and leave them whole.
4. Peel and cut one large white onion into 1 inch pieces.
5. Grab a large, disposable aluminum foil cooking tray. (I buy them at the Dollar Store).
6. Spray the bottom of the pan with cooking spray.
7. To the pan add the carrots, garlic, onion and the potatoes (buy small potatoes and leave them whole).
8. Add 1 Tb olive oil and toss to combine.
9. Add 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika and 1 1/2 tsp garlic salt, toss to combine.
9. Cover tightly with foil and set it on your hot grill. Cook for 20 minutes, then carefully unwrap and stir. Rotate the pan, cover and cook for an additional 15-20 minutes or until the veggies are crispy tender. Keep a careful watch so they don’t burn.
10. Add 1 Tb butter, and 2 Tb freshly chopped parsley (optional, but wonderful). Give them a taste and add more garlic salt to your liking.
Enjoy! Here’s the handy printable.
Recipe idea from the very wonderful Stephanie Saenz
Looking for more great recipes for your grill? Here are a few of my favorites…