Sometimes you need a recipe that packs a lot of curb appeal, tastes delightful and is so easy to prepare it’s absolutely ridiculous…am I right? There is a place in this world for ridiculously easy, there truly is. This yummy Ice Cream Sandwich Dessert is certainly that. You only need five ingredients to make it happen! Ice Cream Sandwiches are layered with cool whip, chocolate and caramel sauce and finally sprinkled with chunks of candy bar.
You, are welcome.
Let me show you how to make it happen…
1. Locate 24 ice cream sandwiches. 2 boxes of 12 count sandwiches should do the trick.
2. Unwrap the sandwiches and lay them out evenly over the bottom of a 9×13 pan. You may have to cut a couple of them in half to make it work. I ended up having a little corner of the pan vacant.
3. Spread 1/2 a (16 ounce) tub of thawed coolwhip over the top of the bars. Drizzle chocolate syrup…
and caramel syrup over the top.
4. Add another layer of ice cream sandwiches over the top.
5. Add the other half of the cool whip. Cover and freeze for at least 1 hour, and up to 3 days.
6. When you are ready to serve, drizzle more chocolate and caramel syrup over the top.
7. Add 12-15 fun sized candy bars that have been cut into bite sized pieces. I used Milky Way and Twix. It works best to add the syrups and candy bars to this layer just before serving. Once they all sit together for a bit they start to look sort of funky in a weird chalky sort of way.
Here’s the handy printable…
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home