Just a bit of housekeeping first, dear reader. If you follow me on Facebook and have stopped receiving my daily recipe posts in your news feed, I am very sorry. For some reason Facebook has changed its policy and isn’t sending my updates to all readers, dang them. If you want to see these updates in your feed, just go to Jamie Cooks It Up! Facebook and click the like button on a recipe or two and hopefully you will begin to get the updates again. I also wanted to let you know I’ve joined a fun Facebook page called Welcome Home Recipe Club and will be posting recipe pictures and links there daily. Several other food bloggers will be doing the same. There are a lot of great recipes going up daily. Sound like something you would enjoy? Click here to join the recipe viewing fun.
To say these Cinnamon Sugar Doughnut Muffins are fabulous, would be a grave understatement.
To simply describe them as delicious would be greatly inadequate as well!
The inside is soft and moist, like a cake doughnut, with flavors of nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla. While they are still warm from the oven the tops are dipped first in melted butter and then in cinnamon sugar creating a crispy coating.
A fabulous, delicious, scrumptous, heavenly, blissful concoction of wonder.
They’re really good, okay?
Trust me on this one, won’t you! Please make them at your earliest convenience.
PS…thanks to reader and Facebook follower Melissa Roylance Proctor for recommending this recipe to me. So happy to have it in my stash.
Cinnamon Sugar Doughnut Muffins
Time: 15 minutes prep + 20-25 minutes baking
Yield: 12 muffins
Recipe adapted from Sweet Pea’s Kitchen
1 3/4 C flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cinnamon
3/4 C milk
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 C sugar
1/3 C butter, melted
4 T butter, melted
1/2 C sugar
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Into a medium-sized mixing bowl place 1 3/4 cups flour, 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Toss it all around with a fork to combine.
3. Crack an egg into a small bowl and whisk it together until fluffy.
4. Into a small mixing bowl pour 3/4 cup milk. Add the beaten egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla and whisk the two together. Add 3/4 cup sugar and mix it in with your fork.
5. Melt 1/3 cup butter and pour it into the sugar mixture. Whisk it in to combine.
6. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry.
Mix them together, just until combined. You don’t want to over mix here. The batter will be a bit lumpy.
7. Line a muffin tin with liners.
8. Scoop batter into the liners, just a little more than 1/2 way full.
9. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
10. Grab two small bowls. Melt 4 tablespoons of butter in one. Mix 1/2 cup sugar and 3/4 teaspoons cinnamon together in the other bowl.
11. While the muffins are still warm dip the top of each one in the melted butter…
and then in the cinnamon sugar.
Serve warm and enjoy!