If you are looking for a great take along summer salad or a fantastic (hearty!) main course salad…then this is it, my friends. This salad loaded with bowtie pasta, bacon and grilled chicken. The dressing has a wonderful smokey bbq/ranch flavor that pairs so nicely with the bacon and tomatoes. It’s a keeper! I took this along to a family gathering a few weeks ago and it was gobbled up in a hurry. Hope some of you get a chance to try it! I can’t wait to make it again.
BLT and Bowtie Pasta Salad
1 (16 ounce) package bowtie noodles
1 (16 ounce) package good quality bacon
2 grilled chicken breasts, chopped
2 pints grape tomatoes, sliced
1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
1 C mayonnaise (not light)
1 1/3 C milk
3 1/2 Tb ranch dressing mix
8 Tb Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Place it in a strainer in your sink and pour cold water over it until it cools down for you. You don't want to add the pasta to the salad while it's hot.
2. Cook the bacon according to package directions, place on a paper towels and dab all of the grease from the top of the bacon. Wait for it to cool and crumble it into pieces.
3. Onto a large serving platter (with a lip), or into a large serving bowl, place the pasta, bacon, chicken, tomatoes and lettuce. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 3.
4. In a large glass measuring cup place all of the dressing ingredients and stir well to combine. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
5. When you are ready to serve, pour the dressing over the top of the salad and toss it all to combine.
Recipe from www.jamiecooksitup.net
Recipe from Jamie Cooks It Up!